Who says healthy food is hard work? Today I didn’t feel for spending too much time on cooking and actually, I didn’t have much in the fridge to cook either. All I had in the kitchen was some broccoli and two salmon fillets. Feta cheese is something I always have stocked up in my fridge as it lasts very long and can be used to almost anything I cook. Never underestimate full fat Feta cheese!
With these basic ingredients it didn’t take more than ten minutes to prepare a healthy LCHF meal. A delicious dish prepared on real food, low in carbohydrates and rich on natural fat contents giving a long lasting feeling of satiety.
Ingredients – ideally organic or locally produced:
- 1/2 medium bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 salmon fillets
- 75 gram full fat Feta cheese, crumbled
- Butter to fry in
- Salt and lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- Put the broccoli florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover with a lid or tight-fitting foil and steam for 5 minutes.
- Slice salmon fillets into bite-sized cubes and fry in a frying pan with butter. Add salt and lemon pepper to taste.
- Serve and sprinkle crumbled Feta cheese generously on top, followed by some virgin olive oil and a pinch of black pepper.