Earlier this week my friend Simon invited me for a dinner and he kindly came up with a delicious LCHF meal I hadn’t tried before. Below is the recipe, hope you enjoy it!
- 1 large single chicken breast or two smaller, about 400 gram, preferably organic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of serrano ham (you can use other dried ham such as Parma ham or thinly sliced lean bacon)
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 1 medium bunch of broccoli, cut into florets and preferably organic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons green pesto with a low level of carbs
- 80 ml of full fat cream, preferably organic
Wash asparagus, snap off woody ends of the light (the same break in the right place). Add to basket steamer or put in a sieve. Strainer basket or hang on a pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes until asparagus is tender. Do the same with the broccoli and set aside.
In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and place chicken breast prepared in ham. Cook for 6 minutes, then transfer to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes.
While chicken breasts are getting ready, pour the cream into a saucepan, add the pesto and mix gently. Let it boil slightly and season if necessary with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve the meal and enjoy!