Take-out’s and take-away’s have a central role in our busy life. However food on the go doesn’t have to be unhealthy, filled with sugar, starches and carbohydrates such as available at the many fast food spots.
When I first started LCHF I often spend some extra time in the food stores to check the food products’ package labels. Staying to a maximum of 5% of carbohydrate per 100 grams of food products and always go for high-fat options. After some time I got to know what food products to choose and shopping became less time consuming. It became fast food à la LCHF! This fast food is easy to take-away on the go and perfect for a quick snack when out and about. The fast food à la LCHF can even be a quick and delicious lunch break when having a busy day at the office.
I got below food products from Marks & Spencer, which all work really good as fast food à la LCHF. The packages varies from 75-180 gram and often come as deals where you can mix and match, e.g. 3 products for £6. Not only M&S but also Tesco, Waitrose and Sainsbury’s offer good ranges of fast food à la LCHF. Read more about the basic LCHF food.
- Greek Olives & Feta (1,9 carbs & 20,7 fat)
- Crispy Smoked Bacon Strips (0,4 carbs & 29,2 fat)
- Arbroath Honey Roast Lochmuir Salmon Flakes (2,1 carbs & 9,3 fat)
- Sliced Chargrilled Chicken (0,4 carbs & 2,9 fat)
- Large Peeled King Prawns (0,3 carbs & 0,9 fat)
- Walnuts (3,3 carbs & 68,5 fat)
- Tenderstem Broccoli Tips
- English Extra Mature, Mature Cheddar Cheese & Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Still Scottish Mountain Water
Carbohydrates & fat above in gram per 100 gram food.